Find the default number of ships.
- The number at the end of each row or column tells you how many fields are occupied by ships.
- Ships must not touch each other. This means that every ship is completely surrounded by water, as long as it does not touch the edge of the playing field.
- Mark rows and columns with a 0.
- Draw the water around the ships.
- You can then already place the first ships.
- Delete full rows and columns.
- Now there is only one possibility where the yacht can be found.
- Paint any ship you find.
- Start with the rows and columns that only contain water.
- Continue where the highest numbers are.
- Mark all fields around the found ships as water.
- Try to place large ships first.
- Never guess! Only take steps you know for sure.